Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wind Energy and Battery Storage - a follow-up

.





I am delighted to say that this important subject is receiving a good deal of attention, hits on the blog are up, and the e-mails are ticking away. Here is one of the letters I received from Alan Smith and the answer to it from Shay McGowan is reproduced below. Thank you both!!



The Letter:

Hi WoodPellet,

In the Essay Shay says: "The Sorne Hill Wind Farm will now receive €85 for each MW delivered to the grid, the same price as conventional electricity supply such as coal and gas. This will allow the projected rate of return (known as the IRR) to increase from the normal 9-11% to approximately 17.5% according to the study."

This is the only time that I have seen the 85Pounds a MW as a done deal.

The sale to Tapbury was conditional on Tapbury being able to negotiate the higher price.

Could you please give me a verification that it is indeed a done deal.
Or can you please ask Shay if I can communicate with him.

Thanks and Regards
Alan Smith


The Reply:


Mr. Alan Smith is quiet correct. I may have inadvertently sent you an older version of my essay. The sentence should read :

'The Sorne Hill Wind Farm could receive up to €85 for each MW delivered to the grid, the same price as conventional electricity supply such as coal and gas. This will allow the projected rate of return (known as the IRR) to increase from the normal 9-11% to approximately 17.5% according to the study.'

I'd appreciate if you could amend this on your blog.

Thanks,
Shay



.

No comments: