Tuesday, July 01, 2008

All Electric Cars - "Spark" Interest

.



Electric Cars

"Spark"

Much Interest!!!




Seems I have touched some sort of a nerve with my posts about electric cars. There has been quite a bit of interest in this subject. I think that if there is anything about sustainable living going to get through to people, it could well be that it is the automobile that will be the "vehicle" of communication!!

Just got an e-mail and two comments this morning with a correction from Miles Automotive on the price of their XS500. It seems I touched a nerve there also! I did show the price at "around" €40,000. I guess I should have said $40,000 instead. If the XS500 gets to Ireland you can be sure it will have plenty of "Paddy Tax" and others charges added to bloat the price well over the 40 grand.

Here is the letter I received from Miles Automotive:


Tony,
In your most recent electric vehicle posting you list the XS500 as being priced at 40,000 euro; however, we have yet to set a projected price for the EU. The only projections we’ve come out with have been for the US at $35,000 to $39,000 depending on options. I’d appreciate if you would update your post.

Thank you,
Kara Saltness
Marketing Manager
Miles Electric Vehicles

Miles Automotive Group, Ltd.
T 310.390.4890 Ext. 311
F 310.397.8985
ksaltness@milesev.com
www.milesev.com




.

No comments: