Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stove Down Draught Problems

.


Stove 
Down Draught 
Problems


A recent comment came in about Down Draught problems with a stove.

Barry has left a new comment on your post "Dealing with Down-Draught":

Congratulations on an excellent and informative blog, we recently had a Stovax Riva 55 installed and it performed well initially but once the wind picks up we suffer from downdraught so we're considering installing a chimney cowl, initially I was thinking a rotating cowl such as the Rotorvent but perhaps a fixed cowl would be better like the MAD anti-downdraught cowl as I've heard the rotating cowls have a tendency to clog up, could you advise on the better option?
Thanks,
Barry

REPLY

Thanks for you email Barry. As I have said many times on this blog, I do not give direct advice. I give my opinion, based on the foundation of; "To The Best of My Knowledge" and "Go Check it Yourself"

I did several posts on "Pressure Zones" and "Down Draught Problems" and the difference between them and "To the Best of My Knowledge" ways of curing or dealing with the various problems. You might take the time to search or dig a bit deepen in my Blog, and hopefully you will find some pointers.

Regards,
Tony McGinley



.

No comments: